Learn more about

Military Time Recapture/

If you served in the Armed Forces of the United States, your service time could be creditable for retirement purposes if it was active service terminated under honorable conditions, and performed prior to your separation from civilian service for retirement.


Employees must send a written request (Form RI 20-97) to the appropriate DFAS Center for their branch of service. You must use a separate request for each branch of service with a copy of the appropriate DD214(s) attached to each request.

Request a copy of your DD214 Use a Standard Form 180 (SF-180) 11/17/2010

Send requests to:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63138

Application to Make Deposit or Redeposit for your Retirement System

FERS employees must fill out SF 3108 09/28/2012 CSRS employees must fill out SF 2803 09/28/2012 Fill out Form RI 20-97 Find your appropriate DFAS office at the following website: DFAS-Civilian Employees Mail your RI 20-97 [with your DD214] to the appropriate address/fax number For More Information about how buying your time back may help you in retirement contact us today.

© Copyright 2024 American Federal Benefits Consultants. All rights reserved.
American Federal Benefits Consultants is an independent organization not a government agency or affiliated with the federal government or any state government. *The terms CSRS, FERS, FEGLI, and FEHB are all registered trademarks of the U. S. Office of Personnel Management. American Federal Benefits Consultants, agents, consultants, or any independent contractors does not provide tax, legal, or investment advice and does not engage in the solicitation or sale of securities.

We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800 MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.